[Nasm-devel] RDOFF users?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jul 30 19:27:09 PDT 2020

Hi,

It seems RDOFF output has been broken since at least the early 2.14
series.  Fixing it without just papering over the problem will require
some significant effort, due to a lot of bad assumptions in the RDOFF
backend.

Furthermore, the RDOFF format is really very limited. As such, I'm
strongly inclined to kill it off, and remove both the (broken, asserts
on invocation) RDOFF backend as well as the RDOFF tools from NASM.

I would like to know if there are anyone out there who is actually using
them, and/or if anyone would be willing to maintain the RDOFF backend
and tools -- they have always been more of a nuisance than anything to me.

	-hpa