[Nasm-devel] Nasm

Robert Nelson lordravenblack36 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 00:49:59 PDT 2022

The document page doesn't really help in learning and understanding  nasm.
Most of the examples are too short and lack enough information on how to do
things. I didn't understand how to do structs, enums, and other things by
reading the document page. The site with the split screen is too much and
makes things confusing to me.

I think someone should start putting together a page or two, describing how
to accomplish certain projects with nasm.  I check Google alot and can't
find the right answers. I'm writing a compiler for my language and have
chosen nasm. I'm using c fprintf functions to output, the required nasm
output, but I am having trouble understanding how to accomplish certain
things.

I think that it would become more popular then it already is, if the guys
maintaining it, started adding tuterials that can be reached from the nasm
homepage.

It doesn't have to be the low level learning, which can be found:
asmtuter.com

Asmtuter.com  seems to be the only tuterial out there worth anything.

There should be tuterials on how to accomplish real things like making a
compilers backend, drivers, bootloaders, how to make c to nasm libs,
translating gas to nasm.

Most of the things I have listed are of major interest lately. For the
compiler, a really decent git project can be found at:
github.com/docterWkt/acwj

The author does the compiler in a c language but has gas as the backend.
It's def hard to learn in a backwards asm language.