[Nasm-devel] Building nasm on Windoze 10

Ray Ransom nasm at micosyen.com
Mon Jan 22 11:48:44 PST 2024

I can successfully build 32-bit nasm 2.16.01 under Windoze 10 with
cl.exe and link.exe from MSVC 2022.  The resulting executable file runs
and is about the same size as the distribution file.  When I try to
recreate the generated files with Strawberry Perl 5.28.1.1 32-bit,
however, any calling phash.ph are very different from the distribution
files and the resulting nasm.exe fails on every source line.

The generated files not containing hash tables all match the
distribution files.  So, this would appear to a problem with generating
the hash tables.  Any hints?  Any help?  Any suggestions?

Thanks.